Images sporadically disappear in editor

My experience with Sitecake (whitelabel) is great so far, but there is one thing which concerns me - certain images disappear in the editor about 75% of the time, occasionally showing up. The images are visible on the front-end of the site either way.

It appears that sometimes Sitecake adds inline CSS to the element and its parent, and when the images aren’t working that hasn’t happened.

When it is not working (which is most of the time):

When it is working:

Compare this to a similar module which has no issues with the images:

I already checked these threads, which didn’t resolve my problem:

Is there something that I should do differently, or is this a bug with Sitecake? Any guidance would be very appreciated.

I’ve discovered that clearing the cache and hard reloading the editor is helpful but not the long-term fix: after I did this the images in question were visible in the editor, but after reloading the editor once they were gone again. The images work for the first page load after clearing the cache and hard reloading, and won’t work again for subsequent page loads until that step has been repeated.

I’ve also been having this issue. The image doesn’t really disappear for me, it just reduces in size to 1x1 pixel. Very annoying.

Maybe it’s a good idea to style all images within a sc-content element with a minimum width? Like so:

/* CSS */
.sc-content img {min-width:36px;height:auto;}

So they may not disappear. I didn’t try that, just an idea.