Can't access to editing mode

Hello,

My problem seems to be similar to this one.
He resolved it by re-uploading the sitecake folder because the upload was incomplete, but has been completed.
I checked my DB which apparently is on php 7. Is this correct ? I can change to 5.6. The website is hosted by one.com.

The website/sitecake.php

You can see that the browser always add a slash bar at the end of the url…

Thanks for helping me,

Bests

Hi, this is due some server setting. Do you use some rewriting rules on your website? Check for url rewriting settings, I’m pretty sure problem lies there.

Hello !

Thanks for your answer.

Even when completely disabling the JS, the problem stays the same. + I tried to host the website on MY website (another sever) at this address and as you can see, it totally works.

Any other idea please ? :disappointed_relieved:

Bests

Hi, it doesn’t have anything to do with JavaScript. It’s about server settings. I can see you are using Apache server, so there is eather .htaccess file that adds forward slash at the end of url, eather it is setup in Apache config file. Send me which hosting provider are you using via PM, maybe I can figure out why is this happening.

Hi predragleka. Thanks for your answer. I cant send you a PM, probably because I’m a new member (?) or because I can’t find the button (arg). The website is hosted by one.com. Does this help you in any way ?

OK. Ill check it out.

For PM just click on avatar and you’ll get ‘Message’ option

Thanks !
I thought about it, but there is no ‘Message’ option when I click on your avatar

So… @predragleka couldn’t find anything wrong with the .htaccess file. I asked the hosting service if the problem came from PHP or from their servers, but they couldn’t find anything wrong.

Anyone can help me here ?

Please !

anyone to help ? would be great… don’t want to ask for a refund :frowning:

Hi, this is definitely due some server setup and doesn’t have anything to do with Sitecake. Try to upload any .php file and access it and you will get / (forward slash) at the end of the URL. This forward slash is why Sitecake is not loading. You could try to fix it with .htaccess file, or try to talk with hosting provider again and check with them why is this happening.

So I tried a few methods with my .htaccess file to remove this slash bar :

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /$1 [L,R=301]

$site = preg_replace(’{/$}’, ‘’, $site);

Both are giving an error :

1. page not working …
  2. 500 internal error

Any idea of what I could to next ?

Thank you very much

I would ask hosting company to fix it, or simply change hosting company :slight_smile:

God… I can’t believe it…

It seems like PHP 7.0 was the problem. I changed it to 5.6, and everything is working fine now…

Thanks everyone !