Undefined index: timestamp

After logging into Sitecake I get the message:
Notice: Undefined index: timestamp in file [SITE]/sitecake.2.3.6/src/Sitecake/Site.php on line (#linenumber)

#linenumber = #497, #498, #813, #814
And then repeated a lot.

I get the Sitecake bar, it allows me to edit text, but when I press “Publish” I get an error message:
#1 An attempt to save content modifications failed. Retrying…

Please help?

Try to delete sitecake-temp dir and try again?

I tried, didn’t help. With my very limited knowledge of PHP, it looks like Site.php can’t determin the date of a file??
Maybe it’s because the server is running windows?

It took me a long time to get Sitecake running. I got the dreaded “500” message.
Resolved that by switching to FTP. Didn’t work at first until I switched from “ftp.mydomain.com” to “127.0.0.1”. Maybe this can help others.

It seems it’s all together. You were probably getting 500 error because of the permissions. People had that problem on windows servers. Now when you switched to FTP Sitecake is having problem determine modification time of files. Can you check what you get on www.yourdomain.com/sitecake/2.3.6/config/check.php.

Site root dir should be readable/writable by PHP user, for sitecake to work properly when it use local filesystem insted of FTP. It’s much easier to set it up on Unix system, but it can also be setup on Windows. Check that URL and my guess is that it will show error: “Root site directory have to be readable and writable.” message. If you see this than you try to change permissions for site root dir and switch back filesystem.adapter to ‘local’.

Let me know if you manage to figure it out.

check.php returns:
Basic server configuration needed for Sitecake to run is OK

Setting (unix) fileattributes using Filezilla obviously will not work. The hostingprovider had an interface to make the directories read/write, I did that.

I will delete all Sitecake directories, and create the directory structure using the providers tools, then upload sitecake. It’s worth a try :slight_smile:

Maybe the problem is:
The website root is not the website address.
My website is located at /mydomain.com/wwwroot/
So my index file is located at /mydomain.com/wwwroot/index.html

I can set the FTP account to use an entry point deeper down the tree, it starts at the website root, that works. But LOCAL references the wrong dir.

Is there a way around it?

I have it working !

Before I used an FTP client (Filezilla) to create the directory structure.

Now I copied the install-zip to the root folder (double checked the read/write rights).
The hostingprovider has a filemanager wich allows me to extract the zip on the server. This apparently sets all rights and timestamps correctly.

Sitecake runs now without even modifying the config.php

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction !