Sitecake x PHP 8.0 +

Hello!

As of now, Sitecake isn’t working with PHP versions 8.0 and newer. Text can be edited, pictures cannot – and the page manager doesn’t work. Are there any plans to update Sitecake in the near future?

1 Like

Definitely, we will do the update. I can’t say the exact date right now.

2 Likes

Hi
I would like to purchase a license for my Website, but the webhoster runs the website with php 8.
Is it already known when PHP 8 will be supported ?

PHP 8 support will not come anytime soon since the current PHP version is 7.4. So, please set PHP version in cPanel to 7.4

Thanks for your answer
i will try this …
but the support for php 7.4 will end november 2022.
so this only can be an temporary solution, for a few month.

We will support PHP 8.0 before security support for PHP 7.4 ends at 28 Nov 2022.

1 Like

My webhoster has informed that PHP 7.4 will not be supported any longer from end of November on, and it’s end of September now, so my question is: When will a new version be released, which works on PHP 8.0 or even 8.1? Or should we users look for another CMS?

We are testing Sitecake update that will support PHP 8+
Only minor bugs are left to be fixed.

It will be released by the end of October 2022.

1 Like

Hi Nik, if i buy SiteCake now will the future Version with PHP8 included ?

Yes, of course. We will send the update to all previous buyers.

1 Like

@Nik Hi, is there any Update on the new Version my Provider is cutting of the support for prev. php-Versions

@Lukas We are doing final tests. It will be released in the next couple of days.

@Lukas We just released Sitecake 2.5.0. Please use original download link from the email to get it.

Hey, i dont get the update mail - what can i do to get the latest version?
When i click on the last link (v2.4.8) i get from you - i can only download v2.4.10 :frowning:

If you have problems downloading 2.5.0 with the original download link from the email please create a ticket and I will send you new download link.

sorry, but how i can create a ticket? Here in the forum?

Here
https://support.sitecake.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like