Sitecake speed question

I have a website using Sitecake that is running perfectly under cPanel on fastcomet.com. I have tried duplicating the setup under cPanel on godaddy.com, where it is painfully slow. Both hosts are running a copy of the exact same website. The level of available resources for both hosts is similar.

The speed problem happens with godaddy.com when I attempt to login to Sitecake. There is about a 30 second delay. It is also extremely slow when I attempt to save a change made to the website. Saving a change can take several minutes on godaddy.com versus a few seconds on fastcomet.com.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the delay when I use godaddy? I even tried resetting the cPanel and starting over from scratch. Sitecake is still slow to the point of being unusable when I use godaddy as the host. When I asked goddaddy support what to do, they suggested that I ask Sitecake.

Dean

Do you have nay other dirs beside website files on GoDaddy? Sounds like there are too many files that sitecake is trying to handle. If there are some dirs of php libraries or framework you can tell sitecake not to handle those files via .scignore functionality. Check out more about .scignore functionality in docs (https://sitecake.com/docs/website-integration.html)

Looking at my old notes I see a reference to .scpages that says to list pages to be ignored preceded with a exclamation point. Does the use of .scignore replace .scpages and not require the exclamation point?

.scpages is another functionality. It handles inclusion and exclusion of page files. Search in forum for .scpages reference and you will find detailed explanation. .scignore handles exclusion of all site files that shouldn’t be handled by sitecake. No need for exclamation mark inside .scignore file. Just state dirs and files you don’t want sitecake to handle each in separate line.

@dean

Can you tell me whether your Sitecake config has the filesystem adapter set to FTP or local? If you didn’t change the config then it’s local.

I am asking because I tried to put a sitecake site up on nearlyfreespeech hosting and set it up to use FTP and am experiencing the same thing as you did on Godaddy. 30+ sec to log in, and 40+ sec to publish a simple change in HTML.