Sitecake erroring after installation

Hi There,

I’ve been testing Sitecake on an SHTML site in a subdirectory on my own server (PHP5.5).

Sitecake loaded fine.

Found that it wouldn’t read the SHTML includes and I couldn’t navigate to the pages (menu was an include) so created a version that put all the includes back into the html but left them as SHTML files.

Sitecake worked fine on all the editable DIVs with sc-content and also on a sidebar DIV that copied through the site with sc-content-special.

Very pleased with it so then went to install it on the client’s server (PHP5.6.30).

Uploaded sitecake. Updated config.php to read index.shtml. Furst off had an error where it said root directory must be readable and writeable. Checked directory and it was set to 755. Wouldn’t work till it was set to 777 (not recommeded!).

Sitecake then loaded. Went to update Password. Gave “error” within the log in box and wouldn’t save.

Logged in with original password and tried to edit the home page (sc-content already set on the pages). Made one small text change and hit publish. Error message at the top of the screen #1 An error has occurred while trying to publish. Internal server error. Strange thing was the page actually updated with the edit.

Tried to edit the page again in the sc-content-special DIV. Same error on publish but this time the DIV lost all of the images in it leaving placeholders. This was repeated on every page that had the special DIV so it must have been saving the pages somehow.

I had noticed that the sitecake-backup, sitecake-temp and files folders were all created with a different Owner number (48 as opposed to 9254) but the same group 100. I already had an images folder in the root and it didn’t create a duplicate. I also noticed that the uploaded sitecake folder had the correct permissions (9254/100)

Anybody got any suggestions on this please.

If you have a controlpanel for the website you could try changing the owner for the folders and files that now have a different owner than expected.