Sitecake admin is very slow

Hello,

When connecting to sitecake or just reloading a page I am editing, it takes more than 30-45s to get ready. It makes it very tough to use. I have only 12 pages for now and 2 others in 2 sub folders.
I am on a local host and the config file is set up on local.
Can you let me know how to fix it.

Thank you

Hi,

do you have any other framework/library or any other files that shouldn’t be handled by sitecake in your site root dir. I yes, you can exclude those by creating .scignore file in your site root dir and state each file/dir in separate line that shouldn’t be handled by sitecake.

Hello,

Thank you for answering.

Looking at this issue in the forum, I found that solution, but not exactly that way. You were advising to use .scpages with a bang in front of file/folder. This what I did and it didn’t work (that’s why I posted this ticket).
Sorry but I am not sure to get the difference between .scpages and .scignore. When and where using a bang or not in order exclude (or include?) ?

Sitecake is, by default, considering all files with supported extensions in site root dir as site pages. .scpages should be used when you need to change that default behavior. So if there is page in site root dir that you don’t want to consider as page (eg. menu.php) you should add !menu.php in .scpages file. Also if there is file inside sub directory that should be considered as page (eg. contact/index.html) it should be added to .scpages as contact/index.html.
If there are more than one file inside sub directory that should be considered as page you don’t need to state each file separately, rather include whole dir like contact/.
! can also be used if you have for example 3 files in contact dir (index.html, departments.html and menu.php) and you need to exclude menu.php. In this case you would add contact/ to .scpages and after that you would add !menu.php.
On the other hand .scignore file is used to tell sitecake that certain files/dirs shouldn’t be handled by sitecake at all (eg. contact/sendmail.php).

Sorry, just to make it clear, “!contact/index.html” in .scpages is the same thing than “contact/index.html” in .scignore ?

So in your opinion, the fact that makes admin panel slow to load, comes from the fact that every pages are considered by SC ? Setting up .scpages and .scignore correctly will fix it ?

Probably.
And !contact/index.html in .scpages and contact/index.html in .scignore is not the same.
By using !contact/index.html in .scpages you say to sitecake that file shouldn’t be considered as page. It won’t appear in page manager. contact/index.html file is still handled by sitecake. You can edit it with sitecake
With contact/index.html in .scignore you say to sitecake that that specific file shouldn’t be handled by sitecake. You won’t be able to edit it.