Sitecake 2.3.6 released

We just released bug fix update. :slight_smile:

Improvements

• Supported for PHP 7 added. New minimal version for running Sitecake is PHP 5.6
  • Opening link in a new window supported

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: BACKSPACE/DEL deletes content of the bullet list
  • Fixed: CloudFlare caching issue
  • Fixed: Bad (404) redirection after logout from asubdirectory
  • Fixed: Crashing on undo press while editing text element
  • Fixed: Impossible to press delete (X button) on image placeholder
  • Fixed: Srcset disappearance
  • Fixed: Undo caused duplication of br tags

\o/ Thank you. I made instant update on client’s site! Found out that PHP 5.5 is too low, so update to 7, works perfectly. Thank you!

We are picking up the speed. :slight_smile:

Great news! When is the email link available?

Emails have been sent yesterday. In case you haven’t got update email I will send you manually.

I haven’t but I clicked on the link in an old update e-mail, which landed me on the download page for the current version. Thanks!

Will the 2.3.6 update be added to Softaculous anytime soon? Softaculous still has 2.2.10 as the latest version. Also, any updates on version 3’s release? Days, Weeks, Months?

2.3.x versions are not going to be added to Softaculous bundle. We are selling the software to support development and until we figure out additional source of revenue we can’t give it for free.

If we give it for free, development stops.

Today (!!!) we managed to hand v2.x code to @predragleka so he will finish page manager (v2.4) maybe even until the end of October.

v3 will not be released before end of November.

Today is good day because we started a partnership that will bring to life a first multi purpose template for Sitecake. Development is going to be done in three stages:

1. release several templates that share visual styles for different business niches (restaurant, fitness, lawyer, … )
  2. bundle these templates and add more stand alone components (headers, footers, layout options) into a multi purpose template
  3. add a Layout Builder for drag and drop building of a template from existing components

Sound good?
We are exited, that’s for sure!

I bought sitecake back in june2016, and I never got an email notifying me about a new version.
Since then, the prices seem to have changed - do I have to purchase sitecake again to get the new releases?

No, of course not. Anybody who bought Sitecake once is entitled to all further updates. I will check and see why you haven’t received update emails.