Newbie Question HTTP Error 500

Hi Everybody,

Sorry this has been asked before to some extent, but my knowledge in PHP / server technology is not that deep.

I tested the site on a server before and it was working fine with sitecake. Now I moved everything to a new server and I get a 500 error.

What could be the problem, the IT guy of the company is handling the server, he said php is set up. Anything else I can tell him?

Thanks!

Hi, check PHP versrion on new server. PHP 5.6 is required. You can check pre-requirements by going to yourdomain.com/sitecake/<version>/config/check.php. Replace <version> with version of sitecake you use (e.g. 2.4.5)

I had the same issue previously. If you check the error logs on the website itself, often you can see the issue for the 500 error. For ours, it stated the mbstring library was not installed. So we had the host install the library. Then the system worked…although we are having an issue with getting it to save still.

So in short, check your PHP error logs. It will state what file, path or library is being called with an error.

Thank you very much for your answers. PHP has been updated and it seems to be working now. Even though I get a lot of errors like

ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in file [SITE]/sitecake/2.4.5/src/Sitecake/Error/ErrorHandler.php on line (#35)

but I’m guessing this should be in a new thread?

Hi, these exact warnings can’t be removed in current version, but as of next release (coming out these days) warnings display will be managed by debug config var. So if debug is false all warnings will only be logged, but not displayed. Your specific warning is due Sitecake tries to set own error handler, but based on your server setup, that’s not possible, so default server settings will be applied.