Login box not showing up anymore

First it worked fine, then the lognin box wouldn’t appear anymore. I changed the index.html several times, but not the sc-content-divs. Was that the fault? I then did change the sc-content divs. I dunno when it stopped working.

I then deleted all sitecake from the server and installed a fresh sitecake-set from the zip file. Nothing. Could it be a weird php caching problem on the server?

I renamed the index file to main.html - nothing. I changed it back to index - nothing.

I tried it with the local copy of my project using MAMP - and it also didn’t work. But I can’t see any any faults in my html.

I installed a fresh sitecake-set on a different project on a different server (same webspace/ Hosting, but different domain etc) and the login did show up and kinda worked. Except that the login screen is somehow scewed:

What. Can.I. Do?

PS: I am using Sitecake on Https/ Http2.

I have the feeling it all began when I put an a twitter icon with a link to my twitter account in the HTML. Sounds strange, but I discovered this right inside the div that contains the svg and the link

?

So, here’s the deal:

1.) The Sitecake Logo is a .png. Having:

img {width:100%;}

in a css reset causes this issue. Delete that line in your css reset file (or where ever you have that) and the login box is pretty again and works as expected.

2.) I have an svg sprite in my html together with “use” elements that caused the login box to not appear.

So, no SVG sprite with Sitecake (for now).

Cheers!

basically having any inline svg causes Sitecake to not show the login screen.

(C’mon!)

Where is your SVG, is it inside sc-content? I have SVGs on my site, outside of sc-content divs and I’ve had no problems.

No,I had it outside sc.content. Even when I put it anywhere on the page and I try to log into Sitecake, I get a blank page. See:

Using Version 2.4.7 of Sitecake.

Having same issue. Just purchased this product and its unusable. I am using your example template on a simple local template. Have not updated any of the code.

meant to say local environment

In my case the index file needed to be php and not html. Does not support index.html

@
jht0030

Sitecake needs PHP to do its thing. It insert new HTML elements in your existing HTML, your template. The elements you can edit with Sitecake, are new html elements inserted by PHP. Sitecake needs no database, but PHP and Apache must be installed. Either on your machine or on the server on the internet. If you are on a Mac its easy:

PHP is just Then you just change .thml to .php. See the docs/ manual for Sitecake.

My example template? What do you mean by that? If I had made one you could definitely use it, but I didn’t .

@Ndugu SVG outside sc-content containers shouldn’t be a problem. Check sitecake-temp/logs/sitecake.log or try to turn on debug by setting debug var in config file to figure why you are getting blank page.
@jht0030 Check sitecake-temp/logs/sitecake.log or try to turn on debug by setting debug var in config file to figure why you are getting blank page.

@predragleka
You are right!

Hunting it down:

Its not an svg on the page, its the <title> tag in an inline svg or svg sprite that causes the problem!

Sitecake injects its code for the login box below the <title> tag.

If you have a 2nd <title> tag on your page, like in an inline svg sprite/ svg icon system in your HTML, then Sitecake takes this 2nd one and injects its code there. Now the login box doesn’t work, especially when you have that svg sprite thingi hidden with display:none for to use it later using <use xlink:href="#your-svg-icon"/> somewhere else on the page.

What a use case!

I then simply deleted the <title> tag in the inline svg sprite thingie (bad luck with accessebility) and voilà - it works again.

So, everybody mind the <title> tag if you use inline svg!

Thank you for the replies! I am up and running now.

Great, good to hear that!

Hi, glad to hear you figured it out. I’ll keep in mind that and try to overcome the problem in next release. Thanks

That would be wonderful!