Issue with path link in edit mode

Hello,

I have an issue when adding a link via the toolbar. More exactly, the issue is about how sitecake save the link.
For instance, when I add a slash in front of the page or folder name in order to create a relative path, it is always removed causing a wrong link in front-end.
I want sitecake to keep the exact path I write in the toolbar and put it in the href attribute surrounding the selected text, regardless if it’s an absolute or relative path.
Another point, sometimes the tag is duplicated, added only to first character of the string or the domain name is added to the link, can tell me why and how to avoid it ?
Thanks for your help.

Romain

EDIT about last sentence :

Another point, sometimes the < a > tag is duplicated, added only to first character of the string or the domain name is added to the link, can tell me why and how to avoid it ?
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

did you try to use full base urls?

Hello,

Thank you for answering.
Do you mean using full base urls in the tool bar field ? like : “https://domain.com/folder/linktopage.html” instead of
“/folder/linktopage.html”
Yes I tried and of course it works but what I need is to be able to set relative or absolute path by myself, in fact just find out what I wrote in the tool bar

Hi, unfortunately sitecake is stripping ‘/’ in front. We will address this in one of next releases.

Hello,
Could you let me know where to change it in my SC install in order to enable it now.
Thank you

Hi,
it’s in Java source of client side which is GWT. What you get with release is compiled javascript so there is no possibility to change it on your end. Like I said, we’ll address it in one of next releases.