Issue on publish

When I make a change on a page, sometimes it is not published or by a weird way turning it a lot inconsistent.
For instance, I click on an editable text div, make changes, click outside of that div in order to ‘validate’ my change and then click on the blue publish button from SC toolbar.
The button turns grey which, I guess, should mean it saves files but it doesn’t spin nor look like to compute anything. If I go to reload the page a warning pop-up (from browser) appears and says that “modifications may not be saved”. I cancel the pop-up and I reload the front-page (the one served to any visitor) and the changes are sometimes taken into account after a while but sometimes not. When not, I have to force reload a lot of time before to see the changes or I have to go back to edition, make a ‘fake’ change (like adding a letter somewhere) re-publish, removing the letter, republishing again and the changes appear on the front-end.

Another weird thing when publishing is about the pictures On the generated page, image sources are always keeping the path of the draft source instead of the clean original one :
img src="/sitecake-temp/r8c611b172u41e/draft/images/…"
instead of
img src="/images/…"
When deleting the sitecake-temp/ folder, this results in a 404 because the regenerated one has not the same name.
How to generate the clean path to assets for front-end and let sitecake handle the draft one for edition? I add that the images are well uploaded to the root images folder.

Hi Romain,

check answers below please:

1. This happens because sitecake didn’t finish saving your content and you already publish it. Currently there is no indicator on client side whether content is being saved so best solution is to wait a little bit after changing content and than click publish. Not sure are you aware of .scignore functionality of sitecake. You can find it in or docs and forum. In short, if there are files/dirs like external libraries you are using that sitecake doesn’t need to handle, you should specify those in .scignore file in your site root. It will speed up saving of your content because sitecake won’t check files/dirs stated in .scignore file.

2. I will check this. Sound like a bug

3. There is no way to disable image generation, but for next release we added possibility to define generated image quality in configuration so you can affect on generated image size. This feature will be released in next version.

Thank you @predragleka when will be release next version ?

Hi, not sure, but soon. We already have few bug fixes and enchantments in place. Waiting to see if there will be more issues on 2.4.8 release and than we will release a new version.