Installation problem

Hi. I really like the look of Sitecake and would like to purchase it but I have had problems trying to install the open source version and I’m concerned that I will have the same problems if I buy the licensed version

The documents state that I should download the zip, unzip it and I will have a file called sitecake.php and a folder called sitecake which I need to upload to the server. Actually, when I down load v 2.2.10, I have a folder called sitecake master, which contains another folder called src. In this folder are 3 files (admin.php. admin-full.php and sitecake.php) and 2 folders - Sitecake and vendor.
I have copied these to my server, but when I run sitecake.php, I get the following errors

Warning: include(sitecake//server/admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake.php on line 1

Warning: include(sitecake//server/admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake.php on line 1

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘sitecake//server/admin.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/newage/lib/php’) in /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake.php on line 1

So, I deleted all the files and tried to install version 2.2.9 which I downloaded from you last year. This has sitecake.php and a folder - sitecake

When I upload these to my server and try to run sitecake.php, I get the following error message

Exception: Invalid argument $savePath ‘tcp://10.169.0.36:11211?persistent=0&weight=1&timeout=5&retry_interval=15’ #0 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Provider/SessionServiceProvider.php(54): Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Storage\Handler\NativeFileSessionHandler->__construct(NULL) #1 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(126): Silex\Provider\SessionServiceProvider->Silex\Provider{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #2 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(83): Silex\Application::{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #3 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Provider/SessionServiceProvider.php(60): Pimple->offsetGet(‘session.storage…’) #4 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(126): Silex\Provider\SessionServiceProvider->Silex\Provider{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #5 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(83): Silex\Application::{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #6 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Provider/SessionServiceProvider.php(46): Pimple->offsetGet(‘session.storage…’) #7 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(126): Silex\Provider\SessionServiceProvider->Silex\Provider{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #8 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/pimple/pimple/lib/Pimple.php(83): Silex\Application::{closure}(Object(Silex\Application)) #9 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Provider/SessionServiceProvider.php(75): Pimple->offsetGet(‘session’) #10 [internal function]: Silex\Provider\SessionServiceProvider->onEarlyKernelRequest(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Event\GetResponseEvent), ‘kernel.request’, Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher)) #11 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Event\GetResponseEvent), ‘kernel.request’, Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher)) #12 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(53): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, ‘kernel.request’, Object(Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Event\GetResponseEvent)) #13 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php(128): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘kernel.request’, Object(Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Event\GetResponseEvent)) #14 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpKernel.php(68): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1) #15 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Application.php(581): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1, true) #16 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Application.php(558): Silex\Application->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request)) #17 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/admin-full.php(118): Silex\Application->run() #18 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake/2.2.9/server/admin.php(35): include(’/var/sites/p/pe…’) #19 /var/sites/p/pension-administration.co.uk/public_html/sitecake.php(1): include(’/var/sites/p/pe…’) #20 {main}

Please can you explain what I’m doing wrong and that if I purchase the Full Stack version for $19, it will just work

Thanks

The problem with the version 2.2.10 is because the zip archive that could be downloaded from GitHub is the Sitecake source code. It has to be built first in order use it as described in the documentation.

As for the problem with version 2.2.9, it seems to be connected to the specific environment used in the setup. The same problem would probably happen using 2.2.10.

If you share details about the setup/environment (platform, web server, PHP setup, etc.), we could try to reproduce and solve the problem.

Thanks,
Nikola

Hi Nikola

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I am using TSO Hosting in the UK

It is a Linux based platform using Apache. I have set the PHP to version 5.4

Is there any other information you need?

Hi

Is there any update on this? I’m anxious to start using Sitecake but can’t until I have a solution to this problem
Could you at least let me know a timescale for when you may be able to help me

Thanks