Image bigger after upload

Hello,

I am facing an issue with the image uploader tool :

On my computer, I have an image : 1500x800px and 62,2ko.
When I upload it via the image button, 4 sizes are created from the uploaded image but the outputed images are heavier than the original while the height and width are smaller. The 1280px is 360ko, the 960px is 230ko, the 640px is 113ko.

How can I fix it ?
How to disable the image module that processes images in order to upload and use the exact same image than the orignal one ?

At this moment it’s not possible.

I will see if we can make image processing optional in the settings. In the next release.

What’s the expected timeline for the next release?

This is such a strange and wrong behavior, how is it possible ?
Sorry Nik, but that time I can’t wait more 8 months (nor 2) before next release, I need for a trick to bypass the process, this is a huge issue. Look it is 6x the original one, imagine if there is 10 images on a page, I worked on images in order to reduce their weight to optimize loading time with a minimal loss of quality and it creates an heavier smaller image than the original, it is a lot more embarrassing than the function that ‘just’ uglify image names.

It’s not strange behaviour.

We have to keep things simple. Regular user will not upload optimized images in several dimensions, but just one, straight from the mobile phone. The responsiveness and compression srcset provides is better then the mobile phone image.

On the other hand, if you upload optimized image that went through some of the specialized optimization algorithms, … Sitecake standard ImageMagick php library will be worse than that.

At this moment if you have to keep image size, please add it directly in the HTML, not through Sitecake.

We will work on this issue for sure and it will not be eight months to the next release.

Thanks for bringing this issue out.

If you are getting this problem then set a fix size images.

Best Assignment Help in UK

@Nik what I think is strange is that it creates/invents data where there isn’t. Where does the 297.8ko (360 - 62.2) come from ?

I understand the idea, the function normalize the weight and dimension of every uploaded picture when people directly uploads their ‘raw’ pic from camera, in this case a condition could be a good fix in order to first check if the weight is bigger than the one set for treatment.

@Jonathansmith I am not sure to understand your comment. Do you mean setting a fix size like width=“500” height=“300” ?

@Rom We are working on a quick solution to the problem. We added the ability to fix compression ration in the settings for people who want to fine tune things. I will send you the version to check it out.

@Nik Thank you very much guys