How to save to DB not Server/File?

Hi Team,
I just installed sitecake, and I already need to make drastic changes. I want to save images on my cdn, which function/files do I have to edit?

Same question goes for Backup of the site, how do I save it to a db not on the site?

In fact, I would like to not save a backup as I am on Amazon and already auto backup my files.

How can I find the files associated with functions that save to disk so I can point them to my DB etcā€¦?

To be honest I donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to save to a database without drastically reworking the code. Sitecake was designed as a ā€œflat fileā€ cms, specifically to avoid the use of a database.

Canā€™t help you with the question on images on cdn though. Perhaps someone else can answer this?

Hi, it sure is a drastic change :slight_smile: .

All the services (image and file upload, content saving, ā€¦) are in sitecake//src/Sitecake/Services dir. You can start tracing method calls from there.

As for backups, there is ā€˜site.number_of_backupsā€™ config var that can be set to 0 if you donā€™t want to create backups. You can change it in sitecake//config/config.php file (around #130 line), although I wouldnā€™t recommend removing backup functionality. Sitecake is managing live files after publishing so backups are good way to reverse unwanted changes.

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the prompt reply.

predragleka, I donā€™t mind having a backup but it seems to be making multiple backup and not even compressing them, would you suggest I write a script compress, or even just limit the total number of backups to 1?
I ask because you seem far more familiar with the framework.

I love the feel of this CMS but it seems to be creating a lot of bloat, and very limiting to the end user, I really hope to work around this. I look froward to your reply.

Hi, like I wrote earlier, you can totally remove backup functionality by setting that config var to zero, but maybe better to keep it at 1 :slight_smile: .

Sitecake is originally designed for small static websites, and by itā€™s usability itā€™s made to be easily used by everyone (even non-IT people that are not so familiar with concept of content editing and CMS). As I can figure, you are developer, and Iā€™m sure that you experienced lots of times that your client manage to screw things up somehow. Well, this is why this backup comes in hand :slight_smile: .

Around 2 months ago we started to work on Sitecake v3 and itā€™s coming with plugin API, so everyone will be able to create new functionality. If you stick around with sitecake thereā€™s a good chance you will be able to easily write your own backup plugin :wink: .

Cheers