How to properly use sc-photoset?

How is the sc-photoset supposed to work? I have only found a small reference to it in the documentation.

When I drag the Toolbar image item to a page and then bring up the open file dialog to upload multiple images at once, the uploaded images look the same as when they are uploaded individually. If I then look at the underlying page code it does not contain the “sc-photoset”.

However, when I drag and drop multiple images at once directly to a page (instead of first dragging the Toolbar image item to the page), the results are different. The images appear all nicely assembled together in what looks like one collage of images. However, when they are saved and then viewed again, they revert back to individual images; as if they had been uploaded one at a time. If I then look at the underlying page code it does contain the “sc-photoset”, unlike what I described in the prior paragraph.

I need help to better understand what sc-photoset should be doing and how to properly use it.

hm, it might be two things

• image widths are calculated in % values, so some browsers can round up down and 1px border can appear
  • some generaly written css is adding margin/padding to images

sc-photoset is just a bonus feature, we plan to develop real gallery and slideshow modules and that will be thre real thing. hack sc-photoset as you wish.