Editing boxes disappear when scrolling down

Hello -

Have been converting a site to use sitecake.

• When I try to edit anything that is visible in the monitor, everything is fine.
  • When I scroll down, however, there are no editing boxes anywhere, either above or below.
  • When I scroll back up to the top of the page, the boxes reappear, but again, scrolling down makes them vanish.

There were paragraph tags with styles and span tags with styles. Even when I removed all the spans and all the styles, the same thing happens.

There is only one sitecake div on the whole page, which contains only paragraph tags.
Using version 2.4.5 on php 7

While searching for more info to provide, I discovered that it doesn’t work on the current version Google Chrome
Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

However, when I try to edit using Internet Explorer (Version 11.608.15063.01S) it does.

Hi, how you mean there are no editing boxes when you try to scroll down? Is site online? Can you send url and sc password to PM so I can check it out?

Sorry for the bazillion replies, but don’t see a way to edit a post or reply.

Just tried using Edge version 40.15063.0.0. It works as well.

If it was just me, I could begrudgingly use IE or Edge if I needed to edit a site. But asking a client to switch from their preferred browser to edit is a big ask. And given that more people use Chrome than all the other browsers combined, there will be a lot of unhappy clients. Here are the stats from w3schools. Even with a huge margin for error, Chrome is way past all the rest.

Data for August, 2017
Source: https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/default.asp
Chrome…76.9 %
IE/Edge…4.3 %
Firefox…13.1 %
Safari…3.0 %
Opera…1.2 %

I agree on browser stats, but still can’t understand what problem are you having?

We just posted at the same time.

After logginf in to sitecake, a thin light blue box surrounds each paragraph. When scrolling down, they no longer appear, and there is no result from clicking in an area that used to have the blue lines.

I’m sending the login info you requested.

Thanks

Chrome 61 changed default scrolling behaviour. This is causing the issue. We are working on the patch.

In the meantime please use other browsers for editing your websites with Sitecake.

Thank you for updating us. I was very surprised to see how far the two Microsoft browsers have dropped in popularity, and how Chrome shot up so high.

We just released the patch to the beta channel. If you are interested apply to [email protected] and we will send you the update.

In a couple of days patched version will be released through regular and whitelabel channel.