Does Sitecake support editing of Calendar day content

Does Sitecake support inserting and editing the nice monthly html calendars that can be created and downloaded at http://freehtmlcalendar.com? It would be great to be able allow our users to login in and edit the content for each day in the calendar table. I like how they allow you to create twelve monthly calendars on one page with one click. A user could enter events for several months at a time and then click “Publish”.

Well table editing is not supported, but you could probably add <div class="sc-content"></div> inside each td beside span that holds day number so user can add text inside those divs. With some additional HTML and css styling it can be easily doable.

That must be what I am missing. Adding the div inside each td did not do it. I like the “easily doable” part. Any more hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This should work. Please send the example where it is not working so we can take a look.

Sample solution is at: easyedit.host - This website is for sale! - easyedit Resources and Information. (pw=admin). The code was inserted onto the blank page by dragging code button.
I have also included screenshot of code (only for first week of calendar so it would fit in one screenshot)

Yes, I see the problem. You nested an editable div in another etitable div. You cant add an sc-content div inside the HTML.

Right now I think the only option is to hardcode a table into the html. So you would have to remove the sc-content and sc-html class from the top two lines in your code. Then it should work.

It did not work after I removed the two described divs, so I have now removed everything except for the first week of the month. What might I need to add back in to make this minimalist approach work?

First, put the TITLE tag back between the tags and see what happens.

By tags I mean HEAD tags. :wink:

I may have another workaround for you for putting table data in your page more dynamically. It involves making an unordered list behave like a table row and it looks like this:

The CSS code to get this effect is:

.container {
border-collapse: collapse;
width: 700px;
}

.container ul, .container li {
border-color: gray;
border-width: 1px;
border-style: solid;
}

.container ul {
display: table-row;
padding: 2px;
width: 100%;
}

.container ul li {
display: table-cell;
padding: 7px;
width: 14%;
}

.container ul.header {
background-color: gray;
color: white;
}

And the HTML would be:

<div class="container sc-content">
	<ul class="header">
		<li>mon</li>
		<li>tue</li>
		<li>wed</li>
		<li>thu</li>
		<li>fri</li>
		<li>sat</li>
		<li>sun</li>
	</ul>
	<ul>
		<li><br></li>
		<li>1</li>
		<li>2</li>
		<li>3</li>
		<li>4</li>
		<li>5</li>
		<li>6</li>
	</ul>

</div>

It basically treats UL like a table-row and LI like a table-cell. So for each new row you would drag a new Unordered List block beneath the last one. As a final touch I attached a User Style to rows so you can select ‘header’ from the drop-down menu to create a header effect for the top row. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Yes, that works! You came up with your creative solutions very fast. Thank you.