Click admin.php and get blank page

I have 4 sites set up, 2 work fine but the other 2 when I go to admin.php I get blank pages. Both site are basically the same template. What’s wrong here?

Are all sites on same hosting?

Yes, all on the same server

What is difference between sites that work and ones that not? Check for log in sitecake-temp/logs/sitecake.log and send it in PM so I can try to figure what is wrong.

There is not too much difference, the ones that work are a bit smaller in content.
There is no sitecake-temp or sitecake-backup folder in either of the sites that don’t work but they are present in the ones that do work.

Is it possible that PHP version is not the same for those that work and those that don’t work?
Try to go to www.yourdomain.com/sitecake/2.4.5/config/check.php and see if there is problem with environment requirements. Are sites online? Can you send url to ones that don’t work and also sitecakec passwords if you changed it? You can send it as private message.

That’s the problem, I don’t know why two are on phop5.6 and trhe other two on 5.4. I guess I HAVE TO GET WITH MY SERVICE PROVIDER.

Problem solved. Found out how to config on my ISP. now php7.1, all working.

I found this thread because I am having a similar issue. The /admin.php is just a blank page. I went to http://192.168.33.10/sitecake/2.4.6/config/check.php and get Basic server configuration needed for Sitecake to run is OK .

I’m running a local environment with Vagrant / Scotch-box .

Here’s my log file. I’m not sure if this is helpful.

[2017-11-09 16:43:05] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Sitecake\Error\ErrorHandler::wrapAndHandleException(Object(Error))
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:43:08] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Sitecake\Error\ErrorHandler::wrapAndHandleException(Object(Error))
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:43:08] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:43:14] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:43:15] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:43:53] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:52:46] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:52:48] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:02] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:03] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:04] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:05] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:06] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:38] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:55:40] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 16:57:50] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 17:00:34] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

[2017-11-09 17:06:05] Error: (Sitecake\Error\PHP7ErrorException) - (Error) - Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found
Stack Trace:
#1 {main}

@brs Hi, problem is that you don’t have DOM PHP extension installed. You can probably turn it on in your cpanel if you have one, or get in touch with your hosting provider to turn the extension on for you.

I tried sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml
and sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml
they both return php7.0-xml is already the newest version

I tried sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml
and sudo apt-get install php7.0-dom
they both return php7.0-xml is already the newest version

edit to previous post. Don’t know how to delete or edit the other post.

Can you check phpinfo() and confirm that DOM extension is actually included?

I see mention of dom.ini in the Additional ini files parsed section.
/etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-dom.ini

I see mention of DOM in the PHP credits section.

I’m guessing where I want to see it listed is Configuration > apache2handler > Loaded Modules . I do not see it there.

I it’s mostly a vagrant / scotchbox issue for me.
I’m following the information here to try to clear it up:

otherwise, I guess it’s not a huge deal to not have it working locally.

I got it working. This is what I needed:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ondrej/php
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y libapache2-mod-php7.0 libphp7.0-embed libssl-dev openssl php7.0-cgi php7.0-cli php7.0-common php7.0-dev php7.0-fpm php7.0-phpdbg php7.0-xml
sudo service apache2 restart

Hi, glad to hear you figured it out