500 Error on Install

I just bought sitecake and getting a 500 error on navigating to sitecake.php
Here are the steps I took

1. Edited index.html to add the sc-content class to a div
  2. Uploaded Sitecake the the public_html folder (both the Sitecake folder and Sitecake.php)
  3. Navigated to domain.com/sitecake.php
  4. Entered ‘admin’ in the password prompt
  5. Got 500 Error

Attempted to reproduce and now I get either a 500 or 504 error on domain.com/sitecake.php
The password prompt doesn’t show up.
I navigated to the configuration.php folder and get the “configuration needed for Sitecake to run is OK” message

I navigated to the logs file in sitecake-temp and see request logs but no errors

The apache log shows these
[Tue Feb 19 11:45:04.885353 2019] [:warn] [pid 15215] [client ***.87.157.170:48548] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/{homefolder}/public_html/sitecake.php

Hi,

can you send FTP details via PM so I can check it out?

Hi,

problem was with other two cms you have installed on your website. Sitecake, by default, tries to handle all html/php files from site root dir recursively. Problem was occurring when it tries to handle php files from other cms you have installed. I added .scignore file to your site root dir to exclude those two cms and it works now. You can check out more regarding .scignore functionality in our docs.

Hi, just bought the thing and set it up on a new Linode with Apache and PHP running (not MySQL). There’s nothing else running on the server at all, just the Sitecake template files.

I can see the index pages, but when I go to sitecake.php I get a 500 error. Any clues?

indi

OK, I figured it out by running the diagnostic file at

http://mydomain.com/sitecake/2.4.10/config/requirements.php

Don’t you think this should be returned instead of a 500?