Whole <ul> list is deleted when trying to edit text using backspace

Whole < ul > list is deleted when trying to edit text using backspace??? I’ve even tried using sitecake’s list creation, publishing, and deleting my other list. I’ll logout and log back in, and try to edit the < ul > list. I hit backspace to delete a character and the whole list deletes / disappears.

This should not happen. It works on our demo correctly. Which version of Sitecake are you using?

2.2.10. I can’t understand why this is happening. It does not happen to me on your demo, so it’s not the browser, must be something on the webpage.

On your website, video - https://youtu.be/lixjOQG0nbQ

1 Like

We will look into this issue immediately. Thanks for the video.

1 Like

The problem is not solved(((

I confirm this problem for 2.3.1. Happens on the demo also in firefox and chrome browser. Exact reproduction was:

1. login: admin.
    Add a list to the page. Make a few list items by entering. Click outside the list. Hit Publish. Log out. Log in. Click on list item and hit backspace. Whole list disappears.

The problem still exists - i have the same problem here.
Version 2.3.4.

Still there… 2.3.5 (White Label).
It appears as if it happens when a list not initially created by sitecake is edited for the first time.

We will fix this issue.

Is there any work-around?
regards
manu

Yes there is a workaround: Click in the list first, then click in another editable (e.g. p/text) field on the page. After click-back into the list it will be editable as usual.

After above and a publish the problem will not re-occur on that specific list.
AFAIK this is only a problem with lists created ‘outside’ Sitecake.

We fixed the UL issue. It will be released this week in an update with only bug fixes (no new features yet).

Here is the draft list of fixes

• PHP 7 supported (minimal version is PHP 5.5.9)
  • CloudFlare caching issue, fixed
  • Logout from sub-folder crashing, fixed
  • Parsing links from original HTML issue, fixed
  • Undo crash while editing text, fixed
  • Inability to delete image placeholder on X button, fixed
  • Srcset disappearance, fixed
  • Undo replaces line break characters in text with
  • tags, fixed
  • Uploaded image but not published disappear from draft after logout, fixed
  • DEL and BACKSPACE in list edit deletes the list, fixed

Can I add another suggestion for the bugfix release? My beta user just came up with this:
The “brake” HTML-tags <br> cant be deleted using Sitecake. They don’t show up in edit mode at all, the CMS doesn’t pick up on them.

That means that when sections of text with brake tags (before sitecake was introduced as CMS) are removed, only the brakes remain. Quite annoying, because I now have to fix this manually in the HTML itself.

And could you please also add the possibility to create an outbound open-in-new-tab hyperlink (target="_blank") in the bugfix?

Andrew, can you send example HTML that suffered from the missing
tag issue. I would like to understand what happened.

Regarding target="_blank" this is something we are handling right now.

We are adding open in a blank window icon to the toolbar. Will look like this.

Small gray square that turns blue when you click it and choose to open a link in a blank window.

Open-blank for weblinks looking great Nik!

About the brake tag, it happens with brakes outside a <p> op <Hx> block
You should be able to reproduce with this:
`

`

Those brakes can’t be removed by Sitecake if I’m not mistaken.
If that doesn’t help reproducing a can sent a complete code snippet.

Hi Andrew,

The
tag is created to be used within a <p> or <h> tag. Placing them within those is better practice and as a result you will be able to remove them with sitecake as well. Just change it to:

<div class="sc-content">
<p>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p>
</div>

Ofcourse that would work hitcom.
But it would be good if Sitecake picked up on brakes outside other tags, yet within sc-content sections, and makes it possible to remove them too.