Image path for files in subdirectory and related glitch

Hi,
First of all. I’m new here. I have found Sitecake while looking for suitable solution for my client.
I saw it’s still not 100% solution to what I wanted, but I was very curious to try it, so I bought regular version. It’s fun. I like it.

I’m usually trying to solve my problems on my own and don’t ask on forums, but I will make exception this time, maybe I will get acquainted with new friends, or whatever :wink:

Now let’s move to my problem :wink:

My site structure is like this:

I have index.php (for main template (I choose one of the free templates called agency)

In the template, I have an include list-items.php which scans files in subdirectory (subdirectory contains small html snippets with separate posts (files 1.html, 2.html … etc. ) So far so good. Images get saved correctly, paths are kept. Files are scanned and then echoed to the main index.php. Sitecake edits everything and saves images with correct path, etc.

In one of the posts, I tried to link to a subpage (which will be later opene din modal). Subpage resides in subdirectory. Let’s call it subpages so I have link like this viac

Now, when I click on the link, and add image. It looks okay. I publish, return back to main site change something, publish again. And then, the linked page subpages/1.php, get automatically updated. But this time it probably doesn’t find correct path to the image and changes it’s style=“widht:100%” to style=“width:0%” and image “disappears”.

Is there any workaround for that? Or I have to put all my linked files to root directory? ( e.g. put 1.php to root dir)

thanx for help in advance,
and I really look forward for the new version,
and thumbs up for the good work so far

:wink:

Roman

I didn’t find how to edit post, so here is correcture

Let’s call it subpages so I have link like this: href=“subpages/1.php”

Ok I have solved it while keeping the directory structure as I wanted

directories:
news (contains blocks with news and links to full posts)
news-full ( contains full posts )

My file showing news posts resides in root directory. Let’s call it show.php
In links to full news posts, I use parameter p for subpages.
For example show.php?p=news2.
When edit mode is detected, link parameters start with & when in view mode, link parameter starts with ?
So links work in both cases. When editing image paths are now kept and saved correctly everytime. Root directory stays clean.