Updating HTML code vs. current content on the page

Hello SiteCake Team,

i have a question about updating the html code. if i have add content with sitecake to my page and later i want to update the html code (maybe for a new feature or content-element). - will be the content - that i have added with sitecake - still there or will it be overwriten?

Thank you for your support.

Greatings from Germany.
Philip

If you are asking to update page manually after you edit it and publish with sitecake, answer is no. Just make sure You are editing your live page. So what you need to do is to download current version of your page, edit it and upload back to server. Sitecake will recognize the changes and apply them.

Sitecake works in a way that it loads the whole page and make a copy (draft) version of it and manipulates with that copy. When user clicks publish, sitecake apply all the changes to original file. Sitecake also keeps track of when certain page was last modified and check that last modification time each time user access that page through sitecake. So if last modification time is updated (and newer) sitecake will overwrite existing draft for that page and create new one out of new content. So basically, rule is that manual changes are primary over sitecake changes, so if you want to change your pages manually, make sure you do that on last version of the file. Also keep in mind that if there is content that was added/modified and not published, these changes will be dismissed.