Error message when loading site with Sitecake installed

Just signed up for sitecake. I have uploaded site cake folder and sidecake.php to my root folder and added a sc-content class to a div but get this error message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /var/sites/a/angelapalmerart.com/public_html/sitecake/2.3.4/src/app.php on line 32
Can someone advise?

Hi, it’s because of PHP version installed on your server. Upgrade PHP and it should be OK.

Thanks. Just checked and it is 5.3. I have the option of updating to 5.6 or 7. Which is best?

Currently, you have to use 5.6. In next release that should be out in few days we added PHP 7.0 support.

Thanks. Just updated to 5.6. Now get these two error messages:

Warning: is_writable(): Unable to find the wrapper “tcp” - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in file [SITE]/sitecake/2.3.4/src/Sitecake/SessionServiceProvider.php on line (#114)

RuntimeException: Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by “[SITE]/sitecake/2.3.4/src/Sitecake/Error/ErrorHandler.php” at line 238. in file [SITE]/sitecake/2.3.4/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php on line (#144)

Can you check in your php info what is PHP using for session.save_handler

memcache

Sorry about the slow response, I am having internet connection issues this morning.

Viewing another thread, I changed the config.php file so that line 23 read memcache instead of file.

I now get the web page loading and the login dialogue box, but an error message at the top reads;

Notice: MemcachePool::get(): Server 127.0.0.1 (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in file [SITE]/sitecake/2.3.4/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/MemcacheSessionHandler.php on line (#82)

Also, logging in with password “admin” produces an error.

Just change session.save_handler config value to ‘memcache’.

In sitecake/2.3.4/config/config.php on line #23 comment line $app['session.save_handler'] = 'files'; and un-comment lines #67, #68, #69, #70

$app['session.save_handler'] = 'memcache'; $app['session.options'] = [ 'servers' => [['127.0.0.1', 11211]] ];

Looks like we wrote in same time :). Check your server settings for memcache in php info and adjust 'servers' => [['127.0.0.1', 11211]] line

Thanks. Done that. Now getting error message:

Notice: MemcachePool::get(): Server 127.0.0.1 (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in file [SITE]/sitecake/2.3.4/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/MemcacheSessionHandler.php on line (#82)

That is the same error message I realise. I have carefully checked and resent the config.php and tried connecting to the web site in another browser in case there was some cacheing going on but still the same error message.

Hi Predlagreka,

I’m not sure what time zone you are in, but I would really appreciate your help to get this going asap. I have to make a decision about my client by Monday, and if I cannot prove that Sitecake works for her I will have to ask for my money back and go with another solution.

Many thanks, John

Hi John,

I sent you private message earlier, but I guess you didn’t notice it. Can you upload a file with <?php phpinfo(); ?> in it and send me link to that file. Send it as private message because page that is displayed contains sensitive information regarding your server. I just want to check all the setting regarding memcache.

Thanks

Hi John, sorry I wasn’t precise with where you should look for ip and port for your memcache server. It can be found in your php info under session.save_path. I sent you private message with values you should use.

Hi, I replied to your email earlier and just sent you another one about styles. Is that how I send you a private message? Did you get the emails?