Cannot navigate to other pages

I’ve just downloaded and installed update 2.4.4 and the home page works fine, able to edit, publish etc. But when I click a navigation link to edit another page, the editing options all disappear. Can you advise please.

Hi,

if pages you are linking are in sub directory, you need to specify it in .scpages. Check this post for more details on .scpages functionality.

No, the pages are in the root directory. Is there a private message system so I can send you the link and password?

Yes, I’ll send you private message and you can reply site details.

Thanks predragleka, I’ll wait to hear from you.

BTW, I have looked at the page manager, and in the Menu Items section it says “There is no sitecake menu defined for this website”. I don’t know if that is relevant. I can’t find any documentation that mentions needing to define menu items. When I was using 2.3.4 it was working OK.

Hi,

I sent you private message.
As for message you are receiving in Page Manager, you have to add sc-nav class to your menu to indicate to sitecake what the menu is in template.
Documentation regarding page manager is coming out soon.

Hi,

I figured why your links are not automatically converted to ‘edit’ links. Sitecake is checking if there is a menu defined in template. Your template don’t have menu defined. For now you should add sc-nav class to your menu and menu handling will work in page manager and also, links will be converted. We will remove this check in next Sitecake release so that links can be converted even if menu is not defined in template. You should also change 'pages.nav.item_template' var in your sitecake/2.4.4/config/config.php so it reflect your current template.

If you don’t want some pages to appear in page manager, you can remove them with .scpages functionality. I wrote a post in forum how to use it (Page Manager Is Finally Available) and also full documentation will be online soon.

If you don’t want to use pagemanager at all, you can turn it off by adding Pagemanager.init = false to your client configuration file in sitecake/editor.cnf

Thanks, this article was very helpful! I have one Question, though. Linking to other Pages while logged into Sitecake works fine for all pages (index.html sit in subdirectories), except a index.php file. I’ve defined the Page in .scpages and the Page Manager shows the index.php page. But when I move the cursor to the menu-link tot the Page, it doesn’t show “?scpage=contact/index.php” extra bit, but the normal url “/contact/index.php” instead. The only difference is, is that all the other pages are index.html files. I didn’t change the config-file, so one of the standard page is ‘index.php’. What could be going wrong?

Hi, just to make sure… Does it shows index.php or contact/index.php page? Does you template has defined menu?

And which version of sitecake are you using?

I’m using version 2.4.4.

I’ve wrapped the menu in a UL and used the sc-nav css-style. I have 5 menu-items. Four of them work fine, only the last one doesn’t.

The Contact menu-item shows /contact/ when logged into SC. The index.php file sits in a subfolder ‘contact’.

All the other menu-items show /2function.php?scpage=informatie/index.html (I’ve changed the name of the entry point) when logged into SC.

URL of website: koebergloopgroep.nl

Hi,

I tested this little bit more and figured that there is a bug with establishing default pages in different situations. We will fix this in next relesase. Until then you can open your contact page in edit mode through pagemanager by doubleclicking on page.