My personal wishlist

Hi there.

I really like the idea of sitecake. It remembers me in some points at the very old Dreamweaver templating system. Adobe had even an own modified browser for it, where you could also make inline editing (that is a long time ago X) ).

• Custom droplets with predefined editable areas
  • Maybe more support for basic “Bootstrap” functions/components (optional if bootstrap is used)
  • multi column rows option
  • Repeatable regions (like for lists or tables -/+ add buttons and up/down arrows to get new rows or switch the order )
  • Multi language options like
  • defining image handling rules for custom droplets (source set sizes …)
  • Pages overview and handling (I think you are working on this already)
  • for HTML blocks an embeddable code editor could be used like https://ace.c9.io
  • Better support for adding class styles to elements

could add a lot more. Maybe later X)

Regards,
Tim

We plan to do it in first iteration as simple as possible.

• Create /droplet/droplet-name sub-folder in /sitecake folder
  • Add icon, title and description for the droplet
  • Add HTML and CSS files for the droplet
  • In editor.cnf add droplet to the Toolbar.components list
  • Users are able to drag and drop new droplet from the toolbar

Hm, not sure what kind of support you had on your mind…

Fist we will add tables. It’s priority. Then we will see about repeatable regions.

We are doing our best to transfer this task to @predragleka and finaly finish page manager. All interested to be beta testers can apply to me @Nik

What kind of support is desired?

Hm, not sure what kind of support you had on your mind… (“Bootstrap”)

I think most important to me would be the bootstrap grid system and a clever way to change it quickly in a sitecake page with a gui to set the responsive behavior quickly. At the moment it could not be a editable region, because it needs to be mixable with oder droplets / cannot be nested. (“Set rows and then put droplet XY in row Z …”)

Other ideas here could be a quick access to typical bootstrap elements, like button types, Glyphicon sets, popovers functionalities, tooltips …

- Better support for adding class styles to elements
-- What kind of support is desired?

I think in first place I mean that I can add multiple classes in inline edit to elements, or better to define presets of classes that I can select, when e.g. I mark text. Sample: I have a
<p>Some text here</p>
and I want to give “text” a spezial styling via e.g. a span element or another inline tag element
<p>Some <span class"glyphicon glyphicon-exclamation-sign">text</span> here</p>

So when text is marked, there could be a quick access, to give it a predefined style, maybe with a hover preview. I think CKEditor has a sample for that (pretty nice tool by the way :wink: ):
http://sdk.ckeditor.com/samples/inline.html (“Style” selection dropdown)

Regarding Bootstrap, we are going to introduce code snippets as custom content items (drag and drop from the toolbar or some other place, we will see). Snippets will be plain pieces of code (HTML, CSS, Javascript). So you will be able to create a snippet for column layout, button, or something else. Snippets could have one or more editable ‘sc-content’ sections.

Right now, only em and strong tags can be applied to an inline element via Bold and Italic toolbar buttons. You can redefine styling in CSS file. We might consider adding span with classes…

This kind of selection of inline elements that CKEditor has is common with online text editors. We are going to introduce something similar.

Thanks for your comments and wish list!